Technology is a huge part of our society. As a future educator I realise the importance of teaching kids how to use technology effectively. Our job is to prepare students for the "real world" outside of the classroom, and technology is part of that world.
I struggle though, with how much technology should be implemented in the classroom. I do believe that certain skills (like proof-reading, addition, and music-making, among others) should be taught first without technology. How can you use technology effectively without first knowing how to perform that task without the aid of gadgets?
I am currently taking a class that will teach me how to integrate technology in my classroom. I look forward to what I can learn about different software and hardware that will enhance my classroom. Hopefully I can strike a balance while teaching that will ensure technology is a tool, not a crutch.
No comments:
Post a Comment