While at Tempo a little while ago, I visited a booth for a resource called Mix My Part. This is a piece of software that allows singers to practice their parts at home without needing a piano or perfect pitch. This software allows teachers to input pieces using up to twelve tracks! The student can access the recordings with only a link and a password. The software requires no downloading and works with most browsers.
The best feature of this software is that the student can manipulate the recordings. You can adjust the volume of specific tracks; so if for example I was a tenor, I could make the tenor track louder than the other voices. You can mute tracks, mark sections of the recording, or loop one part for repeated practice. With this tool, students can practice their part in the context of all the voices.
The teacher can upload pieces from GarageBand or any other recording software, I believe you can upload six pieces. Or they also have a Readymade store where you can purchase recordings.
If you are interested in checking this out, go to
This looks like a very useful tool for the music teacher!
ReplyDelete