Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Storytelling in the Digital Age

      One of my assignments this week was to try out a digital storytelling resource. I decided to try out Storybird. I used to work in a library and I loved the children's books. They are so imaginative and artistic. I still love reading them to children. So I loved Storybird!
      On this site you can read online books that members have created, a lot of them are really wonderful. For example this is the featured book:

You can also create your own online books. Artists post their work on the site, and you pick one of them to create your story with. You can choose any work from that artist's selection and make up a story to go along with it. There is a ridiculous amount of artwork to choose from!
      The site gives you a format to fill in to create your story. You don't have a lot of freedom with the free membership, but you can still create some really neat things. You make your cover page first and then add pages to your story. You can choose how much of the page is text and how much is picture. 
     When you are done your story you publish it. You can choose to make it public or private which is a nice feature. A basic membership is completely free and they take steps to make sure your information is kept confidential. I really enjoyed makeing my own story and loved reading the other published books. Check out my book below! 
My Storybird Book

No comments:

Post a Comment