"We have forgotten how to be comfortable"
I think this is so true! Our culture instills in us an attitude of pushing through the pain. When something is uncomfortable we try to forget it and continue on. This sounds ridiculous when written out, but how many of us sit awkwardly at computers and ignore the tightness or throbbing in our back, shoulders, and neck? As the instructor said, we learn far less efficiently when we are uncomfortable or in pain.
We could all use a little more awareness of how our body actually feels during the day. I am trying to notice what is causing the pain and adjusting my position until it feels more comfortable. I encourage everyone to do the same! We would all be more productive and better learners if our bodies were at ease.
Good point, Kelsey. working at computers, for example, is often done when not in the best position. Not to mention things like carpal tunnel from keyboarding and mousing to much.
ReplyDeleteLike my posture right now you mean? :)
ReplyDelete