I was thinking this week about blogging, and how my attitude towards it has changed. I used to think blogging was weird, and kind of egotistic. Why would anyone want to put their personal thoughts out there for everyone to see??
Then I was shown a bunch of different blogs, most of them created by people in education. I started to see how blogging could be useful to instigate reflection and provide information for others.
Now that I have been writing my own for about two months now, I have completely changed my previous attitude towards blogs. Now that I understand how to use them, it is immensely useful! During the day I am reflecting on what I've learned so that I can post about what changed my thinking the most. I am reading other people's blogs and benefiting from their experiences. Already I can see it being a tool to network with other people in my field.
When used productively, blogs can be extremely rewarding, just like all technology.
No comments:
Post a Comment