As I somehow make my way through the end of term flurry of tests, quizzes, projects, and final exams I have been thinking about time management a lot. If I think I'm busy now, how much more busy will I be when I have report cards to write, tests to make, lessons to plan, trips and performances to organize, etc. etc. etc. One of the greatest things I have learned at university is how to manage my time well. I continue to learn more about it.
As teachers, and music teachers specifically, our schedules are packed. Keeping organized and planning your time well is essential. The sooner we develop systems and attitudes to deal with the load of things we have to do and the stress that comes with it the better.
One of the things I continue to struggle with is finding a balance between work time and relax time. Everyone has different requirements for relaxing, but we all NEED to do it. You cannot push yourself indefinitely. It's important to learn when you have done enough and need to rest your body, mind, and emotions. This is something that I still have to conquer, but I hope to figure it out before I start my career!
No comments:
Post a Comment